There are several things that go into keeping your yard healthy and growing correctly. Not taking these necessary steps can prevent your grass from reaching its most optimal conditions. Properly fertilizing your lawn and landscape helps to ensure that they are capable of fighting off disease and pests. Weed control is yet another step you should take to maintain the health of your grass. Weeds can rapidly consume an entire yard if left uncontrolled. Here are a few reasons why you lawn requires regular weed control…
Pre-emergent Weed Control Keeps Weeds from Growing
If you’ve never treated your lawn for weeds, it is likely that they are types growing. In our Southwestern Ohio, we have common weeds like dandelions, chickweed, crabgrass, spurge, henbit, broadleafs, and more. By applying a pre-emergent treatment, you can kill them before they begin to grow. Our herbicides are formulated to only attack weeks so you can rest assured that your grass and other plants will be free of harm.
Weeds Take Away Vital Nutrients from Your Plants and Grass
Weeds are able to grow more rapidly than your grass and plants. This means that they are absorbing the nutrients from soil and reach the sunlight before your grass is able to. Plants require potassium, nitrogen, and phosphorus, which they get from the soil. When weeds have access to those first, it can weaken your plants. Weak plants are usually unable to fight off disease or pests make them more at risk for dying. Allowing weeds to live in your yard creates a nutrient imbalance in your soil. Since weeds grow so fast, they often take more of one nutrient over another. When that occurs, it can impact all the grass and plants that are growing in your yard.
Weed Control Saves Time and Protects Your Investment
As a homeowner or business owner, you’ve invested in your lawn and landscape. Weed control applications can help you protect your investment. Weeds suffocate plants and grass as they take away vital nutrients from them. Weed control treatments save you time and keep you from having to spend your valuable time pulling weeds.
Eliminating Weeds Helps Prevent Potential Dangers
Some weeds are poisonous. If consumed by your cats or dogs, they could face avoidable health conditions like indigestion, rashes, and vomiting. These may lead to a hefty veterinarian bill or even a loss of a pet. Flowering weeds can attract bees and wasps which increases your chance of being stung. Weed control can prevent these issues from arising.
Our Lawn Care Program
A & A Lawn Care provides a 6 application program to control and prevent weeds from appearing in your lawn.
- Early Spring – This early Spring application includes a fertilizer and pre-emergent herbicide. The fertilizer will promote early Spring green up and add proper nutritional value for the lawn while it is coming out of from winter dormancy. In addition, a pre-emergent herbicide was applied
to protect your lawn from crabgrass and grassy weeds.
- Late Spring/Early Summer – The late Spring application will provide a Spring fertilizer with bio-nutrients, a post emergent herbicide for broadleaf weed control. This will promote a healthy lawn, an additional pre-emergent herbicide will help to control any crabgrass and weeds that may still come up and control broadleaf weeds.
- Early Summer – The early Summer application provides a balanced slow release Summer fertilizer that will help maintain the color of your lawn without pushing growth. This application also contains broadleaf weed control and a safe insect control to protect from surface feeding insects.
- Late Summer – The late Summer application contains a Nature Safe organic fertilizer to work organic matter into your soil where it needs it most. This application also provides broadleaf weed control on an as needed basis.
- Early Fall – This early Fall fertilizer will help green up the grass and help the lawn to recover from any Summer stress. Also, broadleaf weeds that are present will be controlled.
- Late Fall/Winter – This Winter application will thicken your lawn and also encourage new root development.
Contact Us (859-384-0266) for a Free Consultation!
About A & A Lawn Care & Landscaping
A & A Lawn Care & Landscaping can beautify your lawn and landscaping using our vast experience in turf grass management. Our complete lawn service is designed for both residential and commercial lawns and we keep your lawn healthy without harming your family, staff, or pets.