Too much thatch can choke your lawn. For many years, professional golf course greens keepers have known that the secret to a beautiful, dense turf is aeration. By aerating their courses two to three times each year the grass roots grow more healthy and the plants thrive! Core Aeration is the process of making thousands of small holes in the turf. These aeration holes allow valuable fertilizer, water and air to reach the root zone quicker, resulting in new growth and increased root development. Opening the soil in this way also helps reduce thatch buildup and soil compaction allowing your lawn to breath easier and grow more vigorously.
Fall/Spring Core Aeration Overseeding
Core aeration pulls 1-3 inch deep plugs from your lawn to decompact the earth and allow nutrients to more easily and fully penetrate the soil. Overseeding (adding new grass seeds) after aeration creates the ideal situation to promote seed germination and result in a thicker, healthier, lusher lawn.
Deluxe Aeration & Overseeding
Double aeration of your entire lawn. We hand rake any bare areas and then overseed it with 7 pounds applied per thousand square feet of lawn. We inoculate your lawn with three-way tall fescue and apply Nature Safe 10-2-8 fertilizer after aeration and seeding.
Benefits of Deluxe Aeration & Overseeding
- More aeration plugs
- Less compaction
- More opportunity for air and nutrients to turfs roots
- More exposed soil for higher germination rate
- Raking bare areas will ensure lawn will have minimal bare areas
- Seed is coated with a starch to help retain water for increased germination rates
- Seed is treated with a fungicide ‘Apron’
- Allows plant to get established before disease can set in. Seed will harden off quicker
- Nature Safe 10-2-8 increased results when soil profile is opened
- All organic product from, Feather Meal, meat and bone meal and blood meal.
- Provides green up in 10-14 days
- Feeds lawn for up to 8 weeks
- Improves ecosystem of the soil
- Applied at 10 pounds per 1000 sq ft
Contact Us (859-384-0266) for a Free Consultation!