Water is one of the most important requirements your lawn needs to grow and stay healthy. The following watering techniques and recommendations will help you keep a great and beautiful lawn and maximize the efficiency of the the water you use. It’s very important to adjust your watering practices throughout the season to compensate for changing weather, growing conditions, and the types of grass in your lawn. The amount of water your lawn requires will depend on these factors.
Follow These Recommendations for a Healthy and Beautiful Lawn
- Apply 1 inch of water once per week (sandy soils may require more)
- Water your lawn in the early morning to help prevent disease. Avoid watering in the late evening because this can create prolonged periods of moisture that can increase disease problems.
- Water your lawn deep and infrequently to promote deep grass roots. Watering lightly and frequently doesn’t help your roots to grow deep. Deep roots help resist drought stress.
- Avoid overwatering your lawn. If standing pools of water are visible, then you are giving your soil more than it can absorb and wasting water.
- Measure your irrigation water with an empty tuna can or a rain gauge to ensure you are adding the proper amount of water to your lawn.
- Schedule regular maintenance to your irrigation system if you have one. This will keep it distributing water effectively and consistently to all your lawn. Make sure you system is programmed correctly to maximize water efficiency.
Contact Us (859-384-0266) for a Free Consultation!
About A & A Lawn Care & Landscaping
A & A Lawn Care & Landscaping can beautify your lawn and landscaping using our vast experience in turf grass management. Our complete lawn service is designed for both residential and commercial lawns and we keep your lawn healthy without harming your family, staff, or pets.