The 6 key things you need to do to keep your lawn green and weed free need to be done at the right times, during the right outdoor conditions, and in the right volumes or you could hurt your lawn. The following list describes what you need to do and when you need to do it. Some homeowners love to work in the yard and some would rather just put these tasks on autopilot by hiring a lawn professional to do it for them.
- Apply Granular Fertilizer and Pre-Emergent Herbicide in the Early Spring – The fertilizer will promote early Spring green up and add proper nutritional value for the lawn while it is coming out of from winter dormancy. In addition, a pre-emergent herbicide should be applied to protect your lawn from crabgrass and grassy weeds.
- Apply Fertilizer with Bio Nutrients and Pre/Post Emergent Herbicide in the Late Spring / Early Summer – The late Spring application will provide a Spring fertilizer with bio-nutrients, a post emergent herbicide will help with broadleaf weed control. This will promote a healthy lawn, an additional pre-emergent herbicide will help to control any crabgrass and weeds that may still come up and control broadleaf weeds.
- Apply Fertilizer with Weed & Insect Control in the Early Summer – The early Summer application should provide a balanced slow release Summer fertilizer that will help maintain the color of your lawn without pushing growth. This application should also contain broadleaf weed control and a safe insect control to protect from surface feeding insects.
- Apply Granular Fertilizer with Weed Control in the Late Summer – The late Summer application should contain an organic fertilizer to work organic matter into your soil where it needs it most. This application should also provide broadleaf weed control on an as needed basis.
- Apply Fertilizer in the Early Fall – This early Fall fertilizer will help green up the grass and help the lawn to recover from any Summer stress. Also, broadleaf weeds that are present will should be controlled.
- Apply Fertilizer in the Late Fall/Winter – This Winter application will thicken your lawn and also encourage new root development.
A & A Lawncare & Landscaping’s Lawn Care program covers all 6 steps that you need to get a healthy and greener lawn!
Contact Us (859-384-0266) for a Free Consultation!
About A & A Lawn Care & Landscaping
A & A Lawn Care & Landscaping can beautify your lawn and landscaping using our vast experience in turf grass management. Our complete lawn service is designed for both residential and commercial lawns and we keep your lawn healthy without harming your family, staff, or pets.
A & A Lawn Care & Landscaping’s Lawn Care Program
>> Learn More <<